elsA is the ONERA software for complex external and internal flow simulations and for multi-disciplinary applications involving aerodynamics. That includes the following disciplines or topics:
The objectives of the elsA project aim at providing a software that is :
a federative support for research on physical and numerical modelling;
a long-term facility for capitalizing research results;
a tool helping to investigate and understand flow physics;
a powerful and user-friendly multi-purpose tool for applied CFD and multi-physics;
a medium from research to industry;
a tool open to co-operative work.
- Aerodynamics, aeroelasticity, aerothermics coupling, aeroacoustics coupling;
- Aircrafts, helicopters, turbomachinery, missiles, launchers, air intakes, nozzles, propulsive jets;
- Research and industrial applications;
- Euler, RANS, URANS, DES, LES simulations;
- Mono-species perfect gas assumption with a user-given value of the specific heat ratio (equilibrium real gas assumption in development);
- Calculation of sensitivities for optimum design.